Skip to main content

Student Support

At UEC Business, our commitment to providing exceptional service and support to students is at the heart of everything we do. Your experience at UEC Business is more than just study – we are dedicated to supporting you throughout your entire enrolment journey.

In Australia, it is common and encouraged for students to engage with college staff for help or advice. Our Student Services team can assist with both academic and personal matters. This includes making appointments with academic managers, changing your enrolment, finding a doctor who speaks your language, or helping you with your resume, amongst many other things.

The Student Services team can support you with things such as:

Academic Support and Guidance
Course Enrolment changes
Payment Enquiries
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Accommodation and Homestay Services
Mental Health Support Services
Medical and health referrals

At UEC, we are committed to making your experience enriching and enjoyable, both academically and personally.

Course and Enrolment Advice

Visit Student Services at Reception for support with course related queries. Our team can help with:

  • Changing your course or timetable
  • Extending your course
  • Access to your Online Account
  • Assessment Extensions
  • Unique Student Identifier (USI)

Please note that changes to your enrolment may not always be possible due to visa requirements or availability and can take time to arrange.

If you require assistance in your language, we have multilingual staff who are available to help you.

Health & Wellbeing Support

International students can face unique challenges, such as adjusting to a new culture, being away from family and friends and managing academic pressure. Maintaining good health and wellbeing is crucial for a successful and enjoyable study experience.

Our staff are trained in both First Aid and Mental Health First Aid to provide the best possible support for students every step of the way and can connect you to various external resources and support services where needed. Whether you require medical care, mental health support or other community services, we can help students find the right support.

List of Support Services

Campus Safety

The UEC Business campus is a safe place and students and staff are very honest, but to keep the campus tidy and safe and avoid issues with lost property we ask all students to keep all personal belongings with them at all times and to avoid bringing overly valuable possessions to campus. Please note that while we take all care, UEC does not accept any responsibility for any loss, accident or mishap with student’s property.

UEC Business has minimal space for storage on campus and can’t store student’s property. If you are moving or arriving and need to bring your luggage to school while you are in class, we may be able to hold it for you during your lessons, but please check in advance.

When you find something on campus that does not belong to you, please bring it to reception. We will keep it in a safe place until we find the owner. If you have lost an item, please check at reception as we might have it waiting for you.

Legal services

Students occasionally want legal advice in relation to an accommodation, employment, personal or even immigration matters. Legal advice in Australia is usually very expensive, but there are some services that are free or at a minimal cost.

For further information go to Legal Aid New South Wales.

Additionally, free legal services are available for international students at Redfern Legal Centre. For more information please visit their website.

Legal Aid NSWRedfern Legal Centre

Useful Contacts in Australia

There are times when Student Services cannot provide the support you need, but we can connect you with someone who can help. Our Team can always provide referrals for these services free of any charge.

Below is a list of some of the most requested services wand the contacts we provide. If what you want or need is not on this list or you require help with making contact with one of these services, please visit us at Reception.

Emergency – fire, police,
Police Assistance Number (non-emergency)131
Translation and Interpreter Services13 14
Allianz Care OSHC Support (within Australia)136
Allianz Care OSHC Support (outside Australia)+61 7 3305
Allianz Care 24/7 Emergency Helpine – within Australia1800 029
24/7 Health Advice - Health Direct (within Australia)1800 022
Mental Health Line1800 011
Lifeline (telephone counselling)13 11
Beyond Blue Counselling (Support for Anxiety, Depression and Mental Health)1300 22
Australian Home Affairs (within Australia)131
Australian Home Affairs (outside Australia)+61 2 6196
Public Transport - Opal Customer Care13 67
Australian Post Office13 76
Victims of Crime1800 633
1800 Respect1800 737
Pregnancy Support Line1300 139
Housing Support1800 152
Drug & Alcohol Counselling1800 888
Poisons Information13 11
Tax File Number131
Australian Fairwork (understanding work rights)13 13
Justice of the Peace8688
Legal Help1300 888
International Student Ombudsman1300 362